Hi, One Team TV Followers! Today I shared a Famous Mishti doi Recipe oven Bangladesh Dessert is a fermented sweet curd from the Indian subcontinent, it’s common in the states of West Bengal in India, and Bangladesh. It is made, with milk and sugar/Jaggery/Organic sugar.
It differs from the plain yoghurt because of the technique of preparation for this Mishti doi Recipe.
Mishti doi is prepared, by boiling milk until it is slightly thickened, sweetening it with sugar, either gura (brown sugar) or khejur gura (date molasses) and allowing the milk to ferment overnight. Mishti means sweet, doi means curd /sweet curd.
Preparation timing for Mishti Doi Recipe Oven: –
The ideal setting time of Mishti Doi is 10-12 hours. When the yoghurt sets, keep it in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, serve cold or at room temperature.
Ingredients for Mishti Doi Recipe Oven:
- Milk – half litre
Preparation method for Mishti Doi Recipe Oven:
- Take 1-litre full-fat milk in a heavy bottom Kadai or heavy-bottom saucepan. Keep flame low or medium-low and begin to boil the milk.
- Stir occasionally when the milk is getting heated. Let the milk come to a boil. Then continue to simmer the milk on a low to medium-low flame. Stir often when the milk is getting Simmered.
- This continuous simmering will reduce milk.
- Stir often the milk by the use of Spoon. Also scrape the powdered milk solids from the edges and increase the simmering milk.
- Keep the Kadai down and let the milk cool for about 10 minutes. scrape the dried milk solids from the sides and add to the milk
- Meanwhile finely chop or grate 175 grams’ palm Jaggery. You will need ¾ cup finely chopped Palm Jaggery or Sugar or Organic Sugar.
- After 10 minutes, add the chopped palm Jaggery to the milk. When adding Jaggery, the temperature of milk can be 60 to 65 degrees celsius.
- Stir very well till all the Jaggery, is dissolved.
- Add ½ teaspoon cardamom powder. Mix well and let the milk become warm. After adding Jaggery to the milk, the temperature of milk will reduce. Once, you’ll check the temperature after adding milk.
- The milk should be warm – meaning if you dip your finger in the milk, your finger should feel comfortably warm but not hot. If you’ve got a cooking thermometer, you can check the temperature. It should be between 45 degrees Celsius.
- Now add two tablespoons curd, With a whisk mix very well. The curd should dissolve in the milk. If you want, you can even beat the curd before you add.
Setting for Mishti doi Recipe Oven:
- Now pour the doi mixture in earthen or terracotta bowls or earthen handy. Cover with a full cover lid or seal with aluminium foil.
- Keep in a warm or room temperature place for the Mishti doi to set. Mishti doi takes longer to is set than curd. The timing will also vary with the temperature in your city so you can maintain the proper temperature for this Mishti doi recipe. Since its cool and not hot where I live, it took One day for the curd to set. So you retain for 9 hours to 24 hours.
- When the Mishti doi, is set then refrigerate.
- Serve Mishti doi with your meals or as a dessert and enjoy the delicious taste with your family and friends.
Related Dessert Recipe: ChiaPudding https://oneteamtv.com/excellent-chia-pudding-only-4-ingredients/
Diabetics / Heart patients and overweight individuals cannot have this recipe are not good, for diabetics, heart and weight loss.
Nutritional Facts for Mishti doi Recipe Oven:
Condensed milk – it’s very high in energy (513 calories from ½ cup). That’s a lot! One serving of Mishti Doi gives 362 calories.
Please write down your valuable comment. We most welcome your encouraging feedback.
Follow us On Instagram https://www.instagram.com/oneteamtvofficial/