About Kuih Sago:
Kuih sago is a famous Malaysian dessert. There are many Wonderful, kuih desserts in Malaysia Which are sold in many small stalls by the roadsides or night markets. Some are sweet while others are savoury a mildly sweet made up of sago.
One of my favourites is kuih sago It has the consistency of jelly-like substance with soft & chewy texture together with mild rose flavour taste brightly coloured with pink/green & coated with grated coconut, this the tastiest dessert for gatherings, it is one of my favourite desserts.
Kuih sago or Sago Cake recipe is one of the easiest recipes you could ever make. This cake is made using sago or sabudana.
- Preparation Time: 10 Min
- Cooking Time: 20 Min
- Total Time: 30 Min
- Serving: 4 to 5 Cake
Ingredients for Kuih Sago:
- Sago pearls – 250gms
- Sugar – 200gms
- Pink/green food colour – A pinch
- Rosewater – 1 ml
- Grated coconut – 1 tsp
- Water – 300ml
Preparation for Kuih Sago:
- First, wash and soak sago for 10 mins.
- Take a large saucepan to add water to boil.
- Once the water is boil, add sago, food colouring, rosewater, sugar and boil till it is half cooked.
- Then transform it to the steamer, close the lid & steam for 10 mins,
- Once sago is cooked open the lid and transfer kuih sago in another plate.
- Let it cool & coat it with grated coconut shredding.
- Chill in the fridge the sago 2 to 3 hrs.
- Your chilled kuih sago is ready
- serve it immediately.
- If you are unable to find Rosewater/you can substitute with Rose paste extract or any colour.
Please write down your valuable comment. We most welcome your encouraging feedback.
Related our other Recipe: Chia Pudding https://oneteamtv.com/excellent-chia-pudding-only-4-ingredients/
Follow us on: Instagram https://www.instagram.com/oneteamtvofficial/?hl=en