Samosas, the beloved pastry pockets filled with a delectable mixture of spiced fillings, are a popular snack across the globe. While the classic vegetable samosa is a favorite, there’s a delightful twist that you might not have tried yet – Chicken Samosas. These crispy, golden parcels are filled with a flavorful chicken mixture that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps to make these delicious Chicken Samosas at home.
For the Dough:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- A pinch of salt
- Water (for kneading)
For the Chicken Filling:
- 100gm ground chicken
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 green chili, finely chopped (adjust to your spice preference)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped (for garnish)
- Oil (for frying)
1. Prepare the Dough:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, salt, and vegetable oil.
- Gradually add water and knead the mixture into a firm, smooth dough.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and set it aside to rest while you prepare the filling.
2. Make the Chicken Filling:
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and let them sizzle for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped onions and sauté until they turn translucent.
- Stir in the minced garlic, grated ginger, and chopped green chili. Cook for another couple of minutes until the raw smell disappears.
- Add the ground chicken and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until it’s no longer pink.
- Mix in the spices: ground coriander, garam masala, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt. Cook for a few minutes until the chicken is well-coated with the spices and cooked through.
- Add the frozen peas and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool.
3. Shape and Fill the Samosas:
- Divide the dough into small lemon-sized balls and roll them into smooth balls.
- Roll each ball into a thin oval or circle, about 6 inches in diameter.
- Cut the circle in half to create two semi-circles.
- Take one semi-circle, brush some water along the straight edge, and fold it into a cone shape, sealing the edges to create a pocket.
- Fill the pocket with a spoonful of the chicken filling, being careful not to overfill.
- Seal the open edge of the pocket by pressing it firmly. Repeat this process for all the samosas.
4. Fry the Samosas:
- Heat oil in a deep pan or skillet for frying.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully slide in the samosas, a few at a time.
- Fry them until they turn golden brown and crispy, turning them occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Remove the samosas with a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
5. Serve and Enjoy:
- Chicken Samosas are best enjoyed hot and crispy.
- Serve them with your favorite chutney, such as mint or tamarind, for a burst of flavor.
These homemade Chicken Samosas are the perfect combination of crispy, flaky pastry and flavorful chicken filling. They make for an excellent appetizer, snack, or even a party treat. So, roll up your sleeves, follow these easy steps, and treat yourself to a delightful twist on the classic samosa. Your taste buds will thank you!
For further Inquires Contact Us.