About Microwave Zafrani Kheer:
According to the Microwave Zafrani Kheer historian K.T. Achaya, kheer or Payas as it is known, in Southern India was a popular dish in ancient India. First mentioned in ancient Indian literature, it was a mixture of rice, milk and sugar, a formula that has endured, for over two thousand years.
Kheer is a decadent, mellow rice pudding that has many layers of subtle flavour. The rich, creamy taste of sweetened milk, is enhanced by the fragrance of cardamom and saffron. What’s even more, Amazing is how different kheer tastes depending on whether you serve it hot or chilled. I prefer chilled.
- Cooking Time: 25 Mins
- Preparation Time: 5 Mins
- Total Time: 30 Mins
- Serving – 4 Persons (Full Cup)
Ingredients for Micowave Zafrani Kheer:
- 1cup – Long Grain Rice
- 3 cups – Milk
- 3 – cardamoms Cracked
- 5 tsp – Condensed Milk or 7 tsp – Sugar
- A pinch – Saffron
- 2 tsp – Ghee
- 1 tsp – Raisins
- I tsp – Almonds
- I tsp – Cashew nuts
Preparation for Microwave Zafrani Kheer:
- Wash and soak the rice in 3 cups of water for a minimum of 2 hours. Combine the milk, rice, cardamom, condensed milk or sugar and saffron in a microwave-proof dish and cook in the microwave mode for 10 minutes at 850W.
- In a small oven-proof bowl, heat the ghee for 1 minute using the forced air mode.
- Add the dried fruits and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix half the nuts into the kheer and use the reserved half to garnish the kheer.
- Cook the kheer for another 10 minutes at the same wattage.
- Take the dish out of the Oven and allow to cool slightly. The kheer will thicken if allowed to stand either in the Oven or at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with a few nuts and silver varq and serve warm or chilled.
Chef’s Tip for Microwave Zafrani Kheer:
- Add 1 tbsp, custard powder mixed in 4 cups cold milk to enhance the flavour of kheer.
Note for Microwave Zafrani Kheer:
- Kheer consistency checking takes a spoonful of kheer and pours it back, rice and milk should fall together in the same flow.
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Zafrani Kheer:
Serving: Per Bowl / Calories: 328kcal / Protein: 10g / Sugar: 34g / I ron: 1mg / Carbohydrates: 46g / Cholesterol: 29mg / Fiber: 1g
Related Our Dessert Recipe: Mishti Doi Recipe Oven https://oneteamtv.com/how-to-make-famous-mishti-doi-recipe-oven-only-3-ingredients-bangladesh-dessert/
Follow us on: Instagramhttps://www.instagram.com/oneteamtvofficial/
Please write down your valuable comment. We most welcome your encouraging feedback.