Ladies finger, the stuff side dish is a popular Indian side dish where the Okra with a spicy filling. This vegan dish goes rather well with flatbread like roti or paratha. It’s an easy recipe with little to no prep work. The only preparation work you have to do is to, slit the Ladies finger and then stuff them with a spice mix. That’s pretty much it there’s nothing else to chop or preparation.
- Preparation Time: 10 Mins
- Cook Time: 10 Mins
- Total Time: 20 Min
- Serving: 4 Persons
- 500 gram – Ladies finger
- 2 tsp – Oil
- 4 tsp – Coconut powder
- 2 tsp – Coriander powder
- 2 tsp – Cumin powder
- 1 tsp – Mango powder
- 1 tsp – Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp – Garam Masala
- ¼ tsp – Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – Salt
- Required – Oil (For frying)
- Wash the ladies finger and let it dry and use a paper towel.
- Then cut each ladies finger lengthwise without cutting through the entire lengthwise and set them aside.
- To a large bowl add coconut powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, mango powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder and salt, mix all the spices with a spoon finally add 2 tsp oil mix well. The stuffing for the ladies’ finger (bhindi) is now ready.
- Take one ladies finger (bhindi) and stuff it with the prepared masala. Repeat with remaining bhindis, set them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and carefully flip each stuff bhindi, Cook the bhindi again after few minutes.
- Keep tossing every few minutes, will take around 10-15 min on low flame.
- Serve hot side dish with paratha or roti.
- Dry the ladies finger well before cutting.
- Cook Uncovered pan.
Serving: 1 Bowl / Calories: 143 Kcl / Protein: 5 g / Fat: 9 g / Sugar: 2 g / Iron: 2 mg / Sodium: 625 mg
Please write down your valuable comment. We most welcome your encouraging feedback.