About potato and lamb patties, it is the crispiest and delicious snack for evening cravings. Vegetarians can use soya bean chunks, instead of lamb or can use any of the vegetable or dal stuffing.
These Indian style potato patties are a delicious combination of soft mashed potato around a spiced lamb filling, Indian style snacks or part of a meze plate.
So let’s move to the combination of warmly meat filling and creamy potatoes.
- Cooking Time: 40 mins
- Preparation Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Serving: 6 Patties
Ingredients for Potato and Lamp Patties Recipe:
For mashed potatoes:
- 5 – medium-sized potatoes
- 3 cups – water
- 1 tsp – salt
For the meat filling:
- 2 – medium onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp – ginger paste
- 2 tsp – Garlic paste
- 2 tsp – Cumin powder
- ½ tsp – Haldi
- ½ tsp – Coriander powder
- 150 gms – Minced lamb
- 1 tsp – Red chillies powder
- 2 – green chillies (Finely chopped)
- 1½ tsp – Fresh coriander (chopped)
- ½ tsp – Salt
- ¼ cup – Water
To assemble the patties:
- 4tbsps – oil
- ¼ cup – flour
- 1 – Egg beaten
The cooking method of potato and lamb patties Recipe:
- Peel and cut the potatoes into equal 1/2 cube and place it in a microwave dish with water, salt and cook in the microwave mode for 15 mins at 850w.
- Drain the water and mash the potatoes while still hot, till no lumps remain, set to cool.
- In a dish cook, the onions with the oil in the crisp mode for 3mins add ginger garlic paste to the onions, stir well and cook for another 2mins.
- Mix the cumin powder, Haldi, and coriander powder, Onions and cook in the microwave mode for 1 minute at 750w.
- Add the lamb, along with chopped green chillies, fresh coriander & red chilly paste mix well & cook for 10 mins at 650w. Stir at least twice or thrice to avoid lumps.
- Reduce power to 550w & cook for another 3mins till lamb mince has cooked and all the liquids dried up. Allow cooling.
- Divide the mashed potato into Six equal portions and shape into round balls. Flatten and place a little lamb mince into the centre of the rounds. Folding the potato sides up & towards the middle to completely cover the mince. Shape into even-sized rounds.
- Pour in the oil and spread evenly. Heat the crisp plate for 3mins using crispy mode.
- Coat the patties with flour, dip into the beaten egg and shallow fry on the crisp plate for 3mins. Turn the sides of the Patties & cook for another 3mins.
- Drain on a kitchen towel or paper and serve hot.
Note for Patties Recipe:
- Don’t add too much water for stuffing.
Nutritional Facts for Patties Recipe:
Serving: Per patties / Calories: 460 kcl / Carbohydrates: 36 g / Fat: 27 g / Cholesterol: 42 mg / Sugar: 2 g
Please write down your valuable comment. We most welcome your encouraging feedback.
Check Out Our Related Recipe: Honey Chili Recipe https://oneteamtv.com/crispy-and-delicious-honey-chilli-potato-30-min-recipe/
Follow us on: instagram