It’s that time of the year again. With Christmas around, the celebratory mood is compounded, by the very fact that their numerous delicious treats to relish and luxuriate in during this festive season.
Christmas cake has a rich history of their own. You would be surprised to understand that today what we enjoy as a cake was once a thick meaty porridge. This Christmas Eve as a hearty treat after the long day of fasting for religious purposes, So, this delicious cake was made, with dried fruits for this festival.
This traditional food and history of Christmas cake give them such a sign when we enjoy them today.
An easy Christmas cake that seems perfect whenever. No creaming, beating or soaking of fruit required!
For your convenience, one team TV recipes and outline to assist you to know the fast procedure.
So, let’s move to one team TV and Make Yummy and delicious Christmas Cake. You create this yummy and tasty Cake recipe and Share it to recipe and video to your friends and family!
- Preparation Time: 15 Min
- Cooking Time: 2 hr 15 Min
- Total Time: 2 hr 30 Min
- 175 g – Unsalted butter
- 210 g – Brown sugar
- 400 g – Mixed dried fruit
- 200 g – Chopped glace cherries
- 1 – Orange Juice
- 1 – Lemon Juice
- 4 tsp – Cherry brandy
- 85 g – ground almonds
- 3 – Egg
- ½ tsp – Baking powder
- 1 tsp – ground mixed spice
- 1 tsp – Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp – Ground Allspice
HOW TO MAKE CHRISTMAS CAKE?
- Take a large saucepan pan and add the butter, sugar, dried mixed fruit, glace cherries, orange, lemon juice and 4 tbsp of the cherry brandy.
- Heat on medium heat until the mixture comes to a gentle bubble, then turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the warmth and leave to chill for a half-hour.
- Preheat the oven to 150 c round cake tin with baking parchment.
- Add the ground almonds into the slightly cooled fruit mixture and mix, then stir in the eggs is just combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and spices mix until everything is combined well.
- First Bake for 45 minutes, and then turn down the heat to 140c and cook for a further 1 ½ hours, until the cake is cook till dark brown on top and an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cover the highest of the cake with foil if it starts to darken an excessive amount off.
- Take out of the oven, and whilst it’s still hot, to make about your wish help to cut the cake using a skewer.
- Leave the cake to cool for 10 minutes later remove it and wrap. Place the cake in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Few days before marzipan and ice the cake feed with 2 tsp cherry brandy.
Please write down your valuable comment. We most welcome your encouraging feedback.