I’m sharing quick and easy homemade Classic Tomato soup recipe. This tomato soup is one among my kids favourite and serve the soup with a goosey grilled cheese sandwich or top the soup Today with croutons, fresh basil and cheese.
The tomatoes soup is healthy, low calories food with several nutrients that are highly beneficial for health. It contains many vitamins and essential minerals and antioxidants, which will keep you healthy and fit.
This soothing tomato soup made up of boxed or canned tomatoes. Yummy and delicious Tomato soup is ideal for rainy and winter season. It’s rich and creamy homemade tomato soup flavour if you’ve got fresh basil it might be more taste.
Let’s move to the recipe:
- Preparation Time: 15 Min
- Cook Time: 30 Min
- Total Time: 45 Min
- Yields: 6 Cups
- 2 tsp – vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp – unsalted butter
- 1 Medium – Onion (Yellow or Red)
- 2 tsp – Tomato Paste
- 2 cups – vegetable broth
- 1large can – whole tomatoes (With liquid)
- 1 tsp – sugar (to taste)
- ½ tsp – Salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp – Black pepper (to taste)
- 10 – 15 – Fresh Basil (Optional)
- In a soup pot, warm the oil over medium heat, add chopped onion and salt and cook for jiffy until the onion is translucent.
- Add tomato paste and cook about 30-35 seconds. Add Canned tomatoes and vegetable broth mix well, Increase the warmth to high for 10 min. After 10 min brings the mixture to simmer for 20 min.
- Switched off the flame, remove the soup pot from the warmth and let it cool for minutes. Transfer the mixture to the blender carefully add sugar, butter, black pepper if you’ve got basil to add it now (optional) blend the soup.
- Taste and, if necessary, add a touch more sugar, salt and pepper.
- Immediately serve the hot soup with a goosey grilled cheese sandwich or top the soup with croutons, fresh basil and cheese (optional).
- This soup keeps well for up to four-five days.
- You can freeze up to three months.
Serving: 1 bowl / Calories: 192 KCL / Sodium: 781.8 mg / Carbohydrates: 17 g / Protein: 4 g / Total Fat: 13 g / Cholesterol: 15.3 mg
Enjoy this recipe alongside your family.
Don’t forget to share your valuable comment and Interesting feedback.