Sabudana Vada is one of the most traditional and all-time favourite snacks for most of the Indian families. This is a foolproof recipe to make the best tastes sabudana vadas. See tips on how to soak sabudana properly to get the right texture! Crunchy, chewy and full of paneer, these sabudana bombs bring a filling breakfast or snack.
Here, we have given the traditional Indian snack an innovative twist, by stuffing it with tasty side dish with Coconut Chutney or mint chutney.
So, let’s move to one team TV and Make Yummy and delicious Sabudana Vada. You create this Vada recipe and Share it to recipe and video to your friends and family!
- Preparation Time: 20 Min
- Cook Time: 20 Min
- Total Time: 40 Min
- Serving: 10-12 Vadas
- 1 cup – Sabudana or Tapioca pearls
- 1 Cup – Water
- 4 – Boiled Potatoes
- 3- Green Chillies
- 1 tsp – Jeera Cumin Seeds
- 1 cup – Roasted Peanuts
- 10 – Curry Leaves
- 2 tsp – Chopped Coriander
- 1 tsp – Jeera Powder ground Cumin
- ½ tsp – Sugar
- ½ tsp – Chilli powder or paprika
- 1no – Juice
- 1 1/4 tsp – Salt
- 2 cup – Oil for frying
For the stuffing:
- 150 Grams – Paneer
- ½ tsp – Jeera powder
- ½ tsp – Chilli powder
- 1 tsp – Chopped Coriander
- ¼ tsp – Salt
- Wash the sabudana with water in a sieve. Soak the washed sabudana in 1 cup water for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- To check if the sabudana is soaked, press one pearl, in between your fingers, it should mash easily.
- To make, the sabudana mixture in a large mixing bowl and add mash potatoes, jeera powder, sugar, chilli powder, lime juice, salt and soaked sabudana add green chillies, peanuts, curry leaves and coriander. Mix this well.
- Next, take another bowl make the filling by adding paneer, jeera powder, chilli powder, coriander and salt.
- Mash and mix it well with your hands. From, the paneer mixture into small lime sized balls.
- To make the sabudana vada balls, wet your palms with water or oil. Take a small ball sized sabudana mixture on your palm and flatten it you can, use a plastic cover or banana leaf.
- Place a ball of paneer mixture in the centre and press the sabudana mixture around the sides So that it covers the ball on all sides.
- Take a small, piece of sabudana mixture and place it on top to cover the paneer on all sides and form the sabudana vada. Repeat this same procedure till all the sabudana vadas.
- Fry in medium hot oil till the vadas are golden brown on all sides and transfer into the tissue paper
- Serve it with Peanut Chutney, coconut chutney and another interesting, recipe.
- Soak Sabudana overnight it will, helpful for morning breakfast.
Serving: Per Vada / Energy: 137 cal / Protein: 1.9 g / Fat: 9.7 g / Sodium: 3.8 mg
Please write down your valuable comment. We most welcome your encouraging feedback.