This tahini sauce is a liquid, cream, or semi-solid food, served on preparing other foods. Tahini is an Arabic name for ground sesame seeds, in this sauce is creamier, smooth.
All you need only a few ingredients; I have just enjoyed homemade Garlic Tahini Sauce on roasted vegetables, or you can slather it your shawarma or serve it with hot kebabs.
I made this tahini sauce the first time I added more water, but that second time I added water slowly and whisking and I got a nice smooth consistency. My kids are like to eat tahini sauce in shawarma.
Let’s move to the straightforward and delicious Homemade Garlic Tahini Sauce.
- Preparation Time: 20 Mins
- Cook Time: 20 Mins
- Total Time: 40 Mins
- Yields: 5 Servings
- 4 Cloves – Garlic (Minced)
- ¼ Cup – Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup – Tahini
- A pinch – Cumin (Ground)
- A pinch – Salt
- 5 tsp – Ice water
- In a bowl, add garlic and lemon juice combine well let the mixture wait for 10-15 mins.
- The mixture, through a fine-mesh sieve into another bowl and extract as much liquid as possible.
- Add tahini into the liquid, add salt and cumin powder, whisk until the mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Add water little by little at a time, after about 5 tsp you will have a perfectly creamy and smooth, coloured also changed.
- If the sauce is thin, you can add water for a more sauce adjust if necessary.
- If you like more tang add lemon a pinch of salt.
- Your Tahini sauce is ready is the basis for so many dishes.
This tahini sauce covered and keep well in the refrigerator for about 6-7 days.
Serving: 1 tsp / Calories: 71 KCL / Carbohydrates: 2.5 g / Protein: 2 g / Total Fat: 6.5 g / Sodium: 37 mg / Cholesterol: 0 mg / Fiber: 1.1 g
Enjoy this recipe alongside your family.
Don’t forget to share your Interesting feedback and valuable comment.