These collards are a little garlicky, a little lemony and seriously, irresistible. They’re the right quick and healthy entremets, and they’re exactly, what I’m craving as we get a taste of spring weather.
If you’re vegetarian take note, that these collard greens would go great with black bean and rice, I cooked these collard greens in the western style.
This whole recipe takes less than 15 minutes to prepare this delicious Collard Greens.
- Preparation Time: 10 Min
- Cook Time: 5 Min
- Total Time: 15 Min
- Serving: 4 Person
- 1 large bunch – Collard greens
- 1 ½ tsp – Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp – salt
- 2 cloves – Garlic (Minced)
- A pinch – Pepper flakes red
- A couple – Lemon Wedge (For serving)
- Cut the thick centre rib out of each collard green, and give them a few chops so the strands aren’t so long.
- Heat a large pan then adds the olive oil, add all of the collard greens and the salt.
- Then allow them to cook for about 30 seconds before stirring again.
- Continue stirring until the greens are dark green and some are starting to turn browns on the edges, It will take between 4 min.
- Once the collards are just about done, add garlic and cook it for another one more minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat, immediately divide the cooked collard onto plates, and serve with a lemon wedge each.
Please write down your valuable comment. We most welcome your encouraging feedback.