About Salli Murgh Recipe in the Oven:
A famous Parsi Salli Murgh recipe in the oven, Essentially chicken curry made Parsi style with whole spices and topped with potato straws-known as Salli, which gives this flavourful dish a lovely crunch. Parsi Salli Murgh maybe a spicy chicken curry, that’s typically served with potato straws as a garnish, hence the name, Salli murgh.
In which state Salli Murgh Recipe Famous?
These Parsi cafes in Bombay are the simplest places to urge a taste of their food and culture. The simple flavours, the minimal spices utilized in this sort of cooking are unique. Dishes like Patra ni Macchi and Saas ni Macchi are my all-time favourites but, the dish that tops my list is the Salli murgh.
Salli Murgh is a delicious, famous and well-loved Parsi (western Indian) dish. It gets its name from Salli (meaning sticks) for the potato sticks in it and chicken which means chunks of meat. We suggest making Salli Murg ahead of time as it tastes even better the day after it is made.
Parsi Salli Murgh Recipe in the OvenCourse: LunchDifficulty: Easy
Parsi Salli Murgh maybe a spicy chicken curry, that’s typically served with potato straws as a garnish, hence the name, Salli murgh.
- For the Salli or Potato straws:
½ kg – Potatoes
1½ cups – Oil
- For the Chicken Curry: (Murgh – Chicken Curry)
½ kg – Boneless chicken cut into cubes
2 – Onions sliced thin
3 – Tomato Chopped
2 – Green Chilles Slit
1 tbsp – Ginger Crushed
1 tbsp – Garlic Crushed
½ tsp – Turmeric Powder
½ tsp – Red Chilli Powder
¼ tsp – Garam masala
12-15 – Dried apricots soaked in warm water for 25 minutes
5 tsp – Oil
1 tsp – Salt
1 tsp – Sugar
One Handful – Fresh Coriander Leaves for Garnish
- Peel and cut potatoes into very thin shreds, to resemble match sticks, Pat dry. Heat the oil in a shallow dish and the crisp mode for 3 minutes.
- Add the potato straws and fry in the crisp mode for 3 minutes.
- Stir them at least twice during the frying process. Drain and keep in a sealed container.
- A deep oven-proof dish heat, the oil for 5 minutes in the crisp mode, add the onions and continue to cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger paste, turmeric and red chillies and cook in the microwave mode for 6 minutes at 850°W.
- Add the chicken cubes and cook in the microwave mode for 5 minutes at 85O°W along with the salt and sugar.
- Add the apricots and continue to cook in the microwave mode for 4 minutes at 750°W.
- Dish out the chicken curry into a bowl. Sprinkle with garam masala and the coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle salt onto the potato straws, mix well and sprinkle them on the curry.
- Its flavour may change, but its flesh remains low in fat, high in protein, and can be this Salli Murgh Recipe digested easily.
- Then why your waiting Serve hot.
- Instead of chicken, we can try with Boti, Beef or vegetables.
Nutritional Facts for Salli Murgh Recipe in the Oven:
Calories: 2270 kcl / Fat: 48 gm / Carbohydrates: 191 gm / Protein: 269 gm / Iron: 14.9 mg.
For more Chicken recipe related Checkout: Chicken Samosa Recipe https://oneteamtv.com/best-chicken-samosa-recipe-only-100-gram-chicken/
Follow us on: Instagramhttps://www.instagram.com/oneteamtvofficial/